Saturday 29 December 2012

Series 16, Episode 20 Review: The Christmas Tree Express


Well, I Had a brilliant Christmas, and I hope you all got lots of Thomas stuff to. One of my presents I got was the Wooden Railway Blue Mountain Mystery Grinding Gravel Set, of which (ironically after watching The Christmas Tree Express that morning) came with Rheneas, as you can see above. My two big presents were Large Scale Bachmann Percy and a Nokia camera(of which I took the picture with).
But what did I make of The Christmas Tree Express? Yes, it was very, very sad seeing the end of Nitrogen Studios, who have shown the greatest dedication they could to Thomas, but it was wonderful to know it was the last ever of the Sharon Miller regime.

I had already seen the American version over a month ago, and of course, we knew it was Sharon Miller’s last written episode, because it was the same old 3 strikes, same old errors, and if it hadn’t been for last year, it would have been a Winter Holiday episode. For at least it’s now the Christmas holiday, as those who have also bought the Merry Winter Wish UK DVD will have already known.

Toby was of course the scaredy engine we now all know him as, and like with many Sharon Miller episodes, you just think this is the same episode you’ve seen before with the 3 strike rules, only with a few different characters, this was just Happy Hiro with Thomas and Hiro replaced by Toby and Rheneas, and again, if you’ve bought Merry Winter Wish, or got it in your stocking, you’ll know from Merry Misty Island that Toby had been there before.

But as said, this is the last we will ever see of Sharon Miller, we’ve had to put up with the pain of seeing what she was doing to our number one engine for 7 years, but I, like many fans are over the moon with the news that 2013 will see Thomas’ old friend from his glory days, Andrew Brenner, become head writer. I wish him the very best, in fact I’ve sent him one of my Thomas Christmas cards.

Thank you very much as always to all fellow Thomas fans for reading my review, and I wish you all  the best of the rest of your Christmas, and a happy, brave and safe 2013, with the words BRING ON KING OF THE RAILWAY!!!!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment