Tuesday 21 February 2012

Thomas and Friends: The Complete Series 13 Special Edition DVD Review


Yes, I finally have it, I got in the post last week, and I thought as a break from reviewing series 16, I’ll do my first DVD review.

The DVD cover has a card cover over it, of which is made to look very similar to that of the Series 12 DVD, but with a front view of the full CGI Thomas, although, the front view picture of the old Thomas we all know and love with his CGI face, used on the last Complete Series DVD, is used as the picture on the side of the DVD Cover, I don’t know if they were meant to put the front view of the CGI Thomas on there or just as little thing to keep the models with us, I like to believe the latter.



The back of the DVD’s cover says of the brand new CGI animation and the new characters in the series, (even though Hiro, Victor and Kevin  were all introduced in Hero Of The Rails before hand) but it doesn’t give you a list of the episodes from the series, so if you don’t know what episodes are in Series 13, click here!

I take the card cover off and open the DVD to discover the disk itself, and the 2012 Take and Play character list, an excellent bonus if you ask me.


Of course, most of the episodes themselves were bad, just like in every other series made by HiT Entertainment, but of course, the CGI was brilliant.  Tickled Pink was great for it  was quite like Henry Sees Red, sort of like a sugar coated version of it I guess. The Trackmaster Thomas advert was a cracking extra, but apart from that, there are no other special features on the disk.

If you’re the huge lifelong Thomas collector like me, this will be a must have, despite how terrible most of the episodes are, but many will agree that’s it’s worth it for the brilliant CGI created by Nitrogen. It also makes a great present for kids, but prepare to put your fingers in your ears first Mum and Dad. But one of the greatest things about it for me, is it has subtitles, for I have several DVDs of series 13 in French that I bought last time I was on holiday, and now I can rip the episodes with English subtitles, and the audio off the French DVDs and put them together, they would be a great way of getting children to learn French, even though there’s no point in them doing so now, since we’re all going to be speaking Chinese in the future.


But anyway, that’s my review of The Complete Series 13 DVD, hope if you do buy it, you’ll get joy out of it, thank you very much and goodbye,
Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment