Thursday 1 March 2012

Season 16, Episode 9 Review: Bust My Buffers


I really don’t know my feelings on this episode. It started better than usual, for Gordon was acting more like his old self, when he was saying that being painted yellow and stripy wasn’t grand, it reminded me a little bit of Fire-Engine, though I also thought what 16 and Victor would think of what Gordon said? The way Gordon literally bust his buffers was as unrealistic as usual, and why were they referring to his front set of buffers as a buffer, THEY'RE BUFFERS!!!!!!! None of the writing team ever bothers to look up the proper railway terminology, to think I learn most of mine from reading and watching the original Thomas stories, I also saw this error in the preview of the new Blue Mountain Mystery book yesterday, and to think this will probably be given out to kids visiting Thomas on a preserved railway , like the Ultimate Diesel Guide was last year.

And us fans are always talking about the continuity in the series, and it was just a few episodes ago in Ol’ Wheezy Wobbles,   that Den said that he and Dart don’t fix steam engines, yet they didn’t mind fixing Gordon. I’m sure Gordon with his diesel buffers will soon come out as a Take ‘n’ Play engine, (of which I can’t wait for) and it’s not the stupidest thing the writing team have ever put on an engine. It was the worst ever Thomas episode, but I feel that you should speak train if you are on the writing team for Thomas the Tank Engine.

The CGI was to the normal standard, and it’s great to see they haven’t forgotten about Paxton and Norman, for they had a cameo together when Gordon was coming into the Dieselworks, and it’s now turned out that Paxton’s playing a big role in BMM, so I guess he will be more than just a marketing tool.
Thanks for reading!
Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment